Happy August to you. I'm posting this two days early because I ain't messing with it over the weekend. Lucky you.
Edits go well. I'd mentioned that I'm making substantial changes to a real tosser of a character. The character's arc makes a heroic upturn maybe halfway through his story. I've finally arrived at that point, praise Imala. Our tropical hero has had his nihilistic arse dragged and torn all over the jungle. He's found his spine, made a heroic sacrifice, and is about to discover a reason to live (simplified: some damn girl).
I'm hoping the brunt of the remaining changes for him are all just for continuity's sake.
Some folks ask me when this book releases. I don't have a date. Here's the long answer. I'm sorry.
- Finish developmental / late-stage edits
- I'm finishing the hardest part now (fix the sociopath), but after that are smaller details
- Return my changes to John. He'll do his part and send me his final suggestions.
- I apply those.
- Copy edits
- I don't have a copy editor in mind just yet but I have some ideas on how to find one.
- This story is 280,000 words. They could take 2-6 months. I'm going to try to find a quicker one, but as always quality will determine, not speed.
- Illustration/Painting. Done! Felix Ortiz is a wizard and it's a damn crime that I'm sitting on so much of his art versus sharing it! You know what? I'm sharing some. Scroll down.
- Typography. In progress! Working with Shawn T. King on this. He and Felix do great work together.
- This is the finicky little tweaks and turns you have to apply to a document to make it work as an ebook. I sure do want to outsource this, but do you see all the above? Those are all significant expenses. My coffers will likely be dry by this point.
- Hit publish!
- Not that easy actually. This go round (unlike my debut) I want the book to be seen. I'm going to have to organize a release extravaganza for marketing/promoting purposes. Don't ask me how much info I have on that. Not a lot.
|Lieutenant's Second Mourt, Fohrvylda's Domestic Patrol|
|Kraus the Thirsty Bandit|
|Irdessa the Undying|
|Magus Kalderys, Consonant Baromancer|